Message from the Director
Welcome to the Office of Financial Aid. Our mission is to provide financial services to help students realize the dream of graduating on time from The University of Texas at Austin.
Each year, we help almost 30,000 UT students secure more than $475 million in financial aid. If you're not one of them, you should be doing whatever's necessary to get the grants, scholarships, loans, and work-study we have to offer. Use this website to:
- Understand dates and processes related to financial aid.
- Ensure timely delivery of your aid by applying and fulfilling other key requirements.
- Become informed about the types of financial aid we offer.
- Learn how to use financial aid to pay what you owe UT and secure your classes.
- Become familiar with satisfactory academic progress standards you must meet to remain eligible for financial aid.
We can also help you learn how to find additional financial resources, and to reduce the need to borrow by stretching your dollars as far as possible. Make the most of this website to:
- Pursue departmental and private scholarships through Texas Scholarships.
- Use Hire a Longhorn to find part-time and seasonal employment opportunities.
- Access Bevonomics to learn about managing money and credit.
- Visit other helpful websites.
We will do our part to devote every resource we have to ensure that finances do not prevent your graduation from UT. You need to do your part, too. Together, we can help you achieve your goal of earning a degree from one of the world's great universities. See you at commencement!
Diane Todd Sprague, Director of Financial Aid