The Office of Financial Aid welcomes the opportunity to assist you.
Email Counseling and Assistance
When emailing us,
- Include your UT EID.
- Do not include email attachments. Instead, leave documents and forms in the drop box outside our office or fax/mail them to us.
- Do not include private information like application details, Social Security numbers, awards or income details.
Find answers to common questions and view campus resources for related topics like tuition, housing, veteran’s benefits and residency in our Frequently Asked Questions.
Visit the Office of Financial Aid any weekday except University holidays for financial aid counseling and to submit required financial aid items.
Walk-in counseling for basic questions and general information is available in our lobby:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Use the secure drop box outside our office to submit documents, forms, private scholarship checks and other items. Make sure to include the student’s UT EID on each submitted item.
Phone Counseling and Assistance
Financial aid advisors can provide information about aid applications, financial aid programs, funds availability, bars, debts and how to clear up potential problems over the phone. They can also schedule an in-person appointment with a financial aid counselor.
If you need more specific information or if you want to schedule an appointment with a counselor, call the Telephone Information Center.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The Office of Financial Aid is bound by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), limits the type and amount of information we can disclose without proper identification or consent. Learn more about how we protect your privacy and how to authorize a parent to speak with us on your behalf.