Scholarships for Continuing & Transfer Students
***The 2017-18 application is closed.***
Look for the 2018-19 application in early November!
Applying for Scholarships
The UT Austin Scholarship Application for Continuing & Transfer Students. is available in November of each year and is used to award students for the following academic year. This online application is strictly for continuing students who are eligible to enroll, transfer students who have been officially admitted or have completed an application for transfer admission, AND returning UT Austin students who are applying for readmission to The University of Texas at Austin. Students participating in the Coordinated Admissions Program (CAP), seeking admission to UT Austin and waiting to complete the requirements by June 1 to enroll in the Fall, can also use this online application.
The deadline to submit the Continuing & Transfer Scholarship Application is March 15, Midnight (CDT).
Who Can Use This Application?
|Type of Student||Eligible to Complete Application?|
|Continuing students eligible to enroll at UT Austin||YES >Apply for Scholarships.|
|Transfer students already admitted to UT Austin||YES >Apply for Scholarships.|
|Students seeking admission (Transfer and Returning UT Austin students)||
But must be admitted first.
>Apply for Admisson: Transfer. Returning.
>Apply for Scholarships.
|Entering Freshman students||NO >Use a different application.|
|International students||NO >Other options.|
By applying through the Continuing & Transfer Scholarship Application, you are automatically considered for the majority of scholarships administered by:
- The Office of Financial Aid at The University of Texas at Austin. Some of the many scholarships that this office administers are listed under FA-Administered Scholarships.
- A limited number of colleges, departments, and other entities at, or associated with, The University of Texas at Austin. Contact your intended academic department to learn about its particular scholarship application procedures.
« Don't forget to complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)! »
- Complete the Continuing & Transfer Scholarship Application by the posted deadline, normally March 15.
- Contact your prospective academic department to learn about its scholarship opportunities and application procedures.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to assist in theconsideration process. Most institutional scholarships are merit-based, but some also consider socioeconomic disadvantages or financial need.
To be considered for the full range of scholarships offered through the Office of Financial Aid, students MUST complete the FAFSA by the priority deadline, March 15. See Applying for Financial Aid to learn how.
- Search for private scholarships. See Types of Scholarships for additional scholarship resources.