Scholarships for Entering Freshman Students
***The 2018-19 application closed on December 1, 2017. The 2019-20 application will open on August 1, 2018***
Using the Online ApplyTexas Application
The freshman scholarship application process for UT Austin is available strictly to entering (new) freshman students through the ApplyTexas web site. ApplyTexas offers a centralized means for both Texas and non-Texas students to apply to most postsecondary institutions in the State of Texas. The ApplyTexas U.S. Freshman Application currently consists of three sections: admissions, scholarships and essays.
The deadline to submit the ApplyTexas Application is December 1.
How To Apply
To create a scholarship application, follow the steps below.
- Begin an ApplyTexas Application and select UT Austin as your target university. You must begin the Admission Section of the application before you are given access to the Scholarship Section.
- Complete and save the Admission Section. Doing so will lead you into the Scholarship Section. Much of your scholarship information is directly tied to the Admission Section, so it is very important that you save your admission information before you begin the Scholarship Section.
- Saved applications may be edited prior to submission by accessing them directly from the My Account page under the corresponding App ID.
PLEASE NOTE: The Office of Financial Aid at The University of Texas at Austin will not accept any updates or edits to the Scholarship Section of the ApplyTexas Application. Once the application has been submitted, changes cannot be made.
Scholarship ConsiderationBy applying for scholarships using the ApplyTexas Application, you are automatically considered for the majority of scholarships administered by:
- The Office of Financial Aid at The University of Texas at Austin. Some of the many scholarships that this office administers are listed under FA-Administered Scholarships.
- A limited number of colleges, departments, and other entities at, or associated with, The University of Texas at Austin. Contact your prospective academic department to learn about its particular scholarship application procedures.
« Don't forget to complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)! »
Important! The ApplyTexas Application, which is used for both Admissions and Scholarships, is administered and maintained by the State of Texas, not by The University of Texas at Austin.
- Complete the ApplyTexas Application by December 1.
- Contact your prospective academic department to learn about its scholarship opportunities and application procedures.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to assist in theconsideration process. Most institutional scholarships are merit-based, but some also consider socioeconomic disadvantages or financial need.
To be considered for the full range of scholarships offered through the Office of Financial Aid, students MUST complete the FAFSA by the priority deadline, March 15. See Applying for Financial Aid to learn how.
- Search for private scholarships. See Scholarship Types for additional scholarship resources.