Illustration of a scientist carrying a beaker and a student carrying a book bag.

All Work-Study, campus employment and part-time jobs can be found in HireUTexas. HireUTexas powered by Handshake is the all-inclusive job board where UT Austin students and alumni can connect with local, national and global employers offering career-oriented opportunities and internships, as well as campus employment, Work-Study and part-time jobs.

For Students

Interested in a Work-Study job? Visit Texas One Stop for more information about Work-Study.

For Employers

Interested in employing a Work-Study student? Be sure to mark that preference when posting a job in HireUTexas. Students eligible for Work-Study will need to present their Work-Study Verification Form to you to certify their eligibility.

Note: All jobs must be compliant with federal and state laws and university policies.

Work-Study is a government-subsidized student employment program designed to assist students in financing their post-secondary education. These types of jobs are different from other types of part-time jobs because employers must be approved ahead of time. Work-Study may be particularly appealing to employers because they only have to pay 30% of the student’s wages – the remaining 70% is paid by the Work-Study program.

Questions? Contact us at

HireUTexas Log In

NOTE: Work-Study programs at UT include Federal Work-Study, State Work-Study, and Institutional Work-Study.